Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 598447 times)

Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #3125 on: 29 October, 2014, 02:36:16 pm »
Going through Horley enroute to Box Hill today wearing a Yacf Jersey someone shouted 'Yacf' at me ... have no idea who it was  :D

It was me. However, I was visiting, so I don't count.

Otto

• Biking Bad
« Reply #3126 on: 29 October, 2014, 02:47:36 pm »
Going through Horley enroute to Box Hill today wearing a Yacf Jersey someone shouted 'Yacf' at me ... have no idea who it was  :D

It was me. However, I was visiting, so I don't count.

Now I'm confused so those in Horley can't count or read?  ;D

Nice to nearly meet you BTW

« Reply #3127 on: 02 November, 2014, 10:13:36 pm »
We spotted Steph on Gatwick station on our epic journey back from riding to Brighton with the old cars. She was heading somewhere to twang her twanger.  ;D
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3128 on: 02 November, 2014, 10:29:45 pm »
That was a lovely piece of luck! :D
Getting there...

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
« Reply #3129 on: 02 November, 2014, 11:29:18 pm »
I got Butterfly, who launched herself into a hug so impulsively she stood on my toe, Clarion who nearly broke a rib or six with his embrace, Grace wot I met on an FNRTTC to Sarfend and one other who looked familiar.

Plus my first encounter with a duck, who simply looked confused.

For once, late trains made my day!
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3130 on: 03 November, 2014, 08:10:33 am »
Grace & Terrie aren't technically forumites.
Getting there...

« Reply #3131 on: 03 November, 2014, 08:27:16 am »
Purple long sleeve YACF jersey, black fixed, Sloane Square around 4:30 this afternoon?
Too early for TimO' s home run  - and he doesn't have, to my knowledge, a black fixer.
Darkpoint fits with the purple top and black fixer - but he busted the fork on his one recently.
And so this thread could continue.....

Actually, I have been cycling home around that time recently (and getting up at sparrow fart), and do go around Sloane Square on my home commute (I miss it slightly on my way in).  On slightly cooler days I've been wearing long sleeved winter weight YACF tops, one purple and one black, and whilst it's not fixed, I'm using a black single-speed bicycle.  If there was a knackered orange DHB pannier on the rack, then it was definitely me.
Actually, it is rocket science.

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #3132 on: 03 November, 2014, 03:34:54 pm »
Tiermat, last night  :)
Milk please, no sugar.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #3133 on: 03 November, 2014, 04:08:58 pm »
Tiermat, last night  :)

And I (and the rest of the Tiermat clan) spotted a Ruthie on the sofa of doom
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #3134 on: 05 November, 2014, 11:40:31 pm »
Whilst driving in Leigh this afternoon Mrs. Wow and I spotted a very effective looking cyclist who had an interesting mudguard sticker in yellow involving a picture of a bike. She stopped at the London Road lights and we got close enough to read the words: Cyclists stay awesome! It was then that we realised it was Domestique so we can categorically state that she did.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #3135 on: 06 November, 2014, 12:32:02 pm »
Whilst driving in Leigh this afternoon Mrs. Wow and I spotted a very effective looking cyclist who had an interesting mudguard sticker in yellow involving a picture of a bike. She stopped at the London Road lights and we got close enough to read the words: Cyclists stay awesome! It was then that we realised it was Domestique so we can categorically state that she did.

Ah. I thought it was you  :)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #3136 on: 06 November, 2014, 12:36:46 pm »

As I don't own a motor vehicle, I've stuck one of those on the back of my bike trailer.  I'm surprised they fit on a mudguard, though.

Ah, they did another batch with smaller ones (and, handily, a window sticker version): http://road.cc/content/news/121962-awesome-stickers-update-they-sold-out-more-way-plus-get-free-ones

« Reply #3137 on: 06 November, 2014, 01:45:33 pm »
I've seen that on the back of a twin-wheel pickup truck, right next to a yellow sticker stating 'Cyclists stay back' which had a large red 'X' put through it courtesy of what looked like electrician's tape.
The cargo on the bed of the pickup was one of those bike-hangar secure storage thingies.

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #3138 on: 09 November, 2014, 06:15:18 pm »
"Slow" Coach, for the first time in ages
Milk please, no sugar.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3139 on: 09 November, 2014, 07:25:11 pm »
Yesterday, at All Bar One, forumites including Adrian, Jurek, Tim Hall, and a good many others I can't remember just for the moment.  Sadly not TimO, who had a mechanical at ridiculous o'clock, and had to bail from the FNR.
Getting there...

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #3140 on: 09 November, 2014, 08:20:04 pm »
Or me, who failed to locate All Bar One, in spite of getting within 50 metres of it. :(

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3141 on: 09 November, 2014, 08:27:22 pm »
:(
Getting there...

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #3142 on: 09 November, 2014, 08:34:57 pm »
After riding round in circles for a bit, and knowing that those whose contact details I had wouldn't have arrived yet, I resorted to google via my Nokia location-unaware dumbphone's one-up-from-WAP browser, which convinced me that I'd made a classic Tower Bridge/London Bridge cockup and sent me half a mile in the wrong direction.  By the time I'd located the wrong All Bar One and established the absence of cyclists, I'd used up the window before my train from Euston.

Such are the perils of just-in-time planning.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #3143 on: 09 November, 2014, 11:26:35 pm »
That AFASOAS, in t'shop. Yesterday aft . . .
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #3144 on: 10 November, 2014, 01:40:52 pm »
I met Valiant for the first time last night.

* swoon *

(He's still got it)

Whatcha doing in Wapping?
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Riggers

• Mine's a pipe, er… pint!
« Reply #3145 on: 10 November, 2014, 01:58:03 pm »
(He's still got it)*

*Delusions  ;D
Certainly never seen cycling south of Sussex

« Reply #3146 on: 14 November, 2014, 09:23:17 am »
A tentative spot of an AWL afoot this morning, twixt Kenilworth & Warwick, in hi-viz cycling top, about 07:45 in the lashing rain ? (I was car bound)

« Reply #3147 on: 20 November, 2014, 09:13:51 pm »
Tonight I were spotted by a Darkpoint who was in mufti, I dint recognise him with his clothes on. Actually, knowing my prediliction for not recognising people, that might not have helped too much.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #3148 on: 20 November, 2014, 09:19:29 pm »
I almost forgot about this: Sunday, about 11 o'clock, by the Freke Arms (a pub named for YACFers if ever there was one!) at the foot of the hill into Highworth near Swindon, someone driving a large black van with pink and white signwriting flashed at waved at us. No idea who it was, and none of us was in any sort of forum clothing, though at least three of the six of us are indeed forumites.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #3149 on: 24 November, 2014, 09:39:25 am »
Dave Lodwig and Mary in Costa in Prince's Risborough yesterday - a planned meeting - money and saddles may have changed hands...  ;D
not so much a gravel grinder.... more of a gravel groveller