Author Topic: Owner Review - Ortlieb Bike-Packer Plus Panniers  (Read 1736 times)

Aushiker

• Cyclist, bushwalker, phottographer (amaturer)
    • Aushiker: Bicycling and Hiking in Western Australia
Owner Review - Ortlieb Bike-Packer Plus Panniers
« on: 26 December, 2011, 10:09:16 am »
Hi

I have had a chance to write up my initial experiences with the Ortlieb Bike-Packer Plus panniers. Overall very happy with them as you would expect given their reputation.  I feel that they are great panniers. They fit well, they travel well on the racks and they pack well. So far I am very impressed with them and I feel paying the extra for the QL2 mounting system and the Cordura material was worth it.

Probably a bit of given really given the reputation of Ortlieb panniers. That said always interested in others experiences as well and any tips you may have for using them.

Regards
Andrew

Re: Owner Review - Ortlieb Bike-Packer Plus Panniers
« Reply #1 on: 03 January, 2012, 02:10:50 pm »
Have you done any more miles with the extrawheel? What do you think of it now?
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2 on: 03 January, 2012, 02:18:54 pm »
I feel paying the extra for the QL2 mounting system and the Cordura material was worth it.

After my experiences with patching holes in a 'classic' roll-top pannier, I'd agree that it's worth going for the 'plus'.  It's much easier to obtain matching patch material for the whole pannier, and the cordura is easier to work with.

Aushiker

• Cyclist, bushwalker, phottographer (amaturer)
    • Aushiker: Bicycling and Hiking in Western Australia
« Reply #3 on: 04 January, 2012, 03:14:16 am »
Have you done any more miles with the extrawheel? What do you think of it now?

Nothing more since my pre-Christmas ride.  I will not be using it now until July.  With the big ride this year all my leave/escape time is taken up with that ride :)

Andrew