Author Topic: Arrivée est arrivé!  (Read 480786 times)

Re: Arrivée est arrivé!
« Reply #2925 on: 17 June, 2023, 09:53:20 am »
Knowing how to prepare your own meat is a minority sport these days, and not particularly relevant to cycling. Most of us don’t ride with a shotgun as they don’t respond well to being drilled out to reduce weight. Catching rabbits while mountain biking is a real test of both skill and handling. A photo of a nice stew would have illustrated the story just as well.

The many (mostly brief) write ups of a single event was a different approach that was more interesting.

mr ben

• Some routes may be arduous.
    • ramblings and randonees
« Reply #2926 on: 18 June, 2023, 02:54:51 pm »
I was about to complain about the 'subliminal' Oxford advertising, then I had the sense to turn to the back for an explanation.  Still odd though.
Think it possible that you may be mistaken.

bhoot

• MemSec (ex-Mrs RRtY)
« Reply #2927 on: 24 June, 2023, 05:54:01 pm »
I plan to rationalise (otherwise known as put in the recycling bin) my stock of old issues of Arrivee fairly soon. I currently have a reasonable stock of issues 158 and 159,and a much smaller number of older issues.  If you are an organiser who could make these available for non-members (best for events with a high non-member entry and with a village hall or similar base), or if you have a local cycle cafe or shop that would like some copies, then please let me know and I will be delighted to post some to you.

Zed43

• prefers UK hills over Dutch mountains
« Reply #2928 on: 25 June, 2023, 09:49:26 am »
Anyone else outside the UK still waiting for the butcher's edition of Arrivée?

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2929 on: 25 June, 2023, 12:31:16 pm »

Hasn't made it to my side of NL yet...

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

bhoot

• MemSec (ex-Mrs RRtY)
« Reply #2930 on: 26 June, 2023, 06:58:08 pm »
Trying to find out whether you two have been unlucky (in which case I will resend it) or whether we have a bigger problem and I need to contact the mailing house.

So feedback from other overseas members (to let me know either way) would be very useful.  You can mail me on membership@audax.uk or just post here if you prefer.

« Reply #2931 on: 27 June, 2023, 08:21:08 pm »

Hasn't made it to my side of NL yet...

J

Also living in the Netherlands, haven't received Arrivée yet.

bhoot

• MemSec (ex-Mrs RRtY)
« Reply #2932 on: 27 June, 2023, 09:48:04 pm »
I have heard it has arrived in Germany, so maybe it is a Netherlands thing. If you don't have it by the end of the week please email me (I do know who you are really, but an email means it goes onto my to-do list) and I will send a replacement.

« Reply #2933 on: 27 June, 2023, 09:59:17 pm »
I have heard it has arrived in Germany, so maybe it is a Netherlands thing. If you don't have it by the end of the week please email me (I do know who you are really, but an email means it goes onto my to-do list) and I will send a replacement.
Zuidlaren did not receive this edition as well. You will get an e-mail from Mark H.
Still have to do my write up of L-E-L '17.

« Reply #2934 on: 28 June, 2023, 06:31:28 am »
Hasnt reached north herts yet! Hope ive not been forgotten

bhoot

• MemSec (ex-Mrs RRtY)
« Reply #2935 on: 28 June, 2023, 07:35:42 am »
It should be with all UK members by now, so drop me a mail and I will send a replacement. Given we send around 7500 copies out it is almost inevitable that a small number go astray.

« Reply #2936 on: 28 June, 2023, 03:33:16 pm »
It should be with all UK members by now, so drop me a mail and I will send a replacement. Given we send around 7500 copies out it is almost inevitable that a small number go astray.
Le magazine est arrivé aujourd'hui.

« Reply #2937 on: 28 June, 2023, 05:49:53 pm »
Same here, we just need to have a bit more patience the next time.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2938 on: 29 June, 2023, 03:50:57 pm »

My housemate informs me that "Audax UK has arrived". I assume that means arrive magazine, and that you haven't all themed up expecting cake?

J
--

Zed43

« Reply #2939 on: 29 June, 2023, 05:17:37 pm »
Arrivée arrived here as well.

« Reply #2940 on: 29 June, 2023, 07:09:52 pm »
My copy arrived yesterday (28th). Post service not great in Andover at the moment. First delivery for nearly a fortnight!
Worth the wait though. Looks like some interesting articles.

bhoot

• MemSec (ex-Mrs RRtY)
« Reply #2941 on: 26 August, 2023, 10:24:49 pm »
I will be compiling the mailing list very soon for the September issue which is now at the printers. So if you have moved recently please check that you did update your address, so your copy doesn't disappear into the ether (so boomerang its way back to me).

I also have a decent stock of June issue spares - so as always if you are an organiser wanting some to hand out at your event, or you have a suitable place to take some copies like a bike shop or cycle cafe, or would just like some to pass on to friend/clubmates who aren't AUK members, let me know (membership@audax.uk) and I will send some your way. It's better to have them out there being read than just thrown away.

« Reply #2942 on: 08 September, 2023, 09:53:56 pm »
Autumn edition has dropped.   Haven't read it yet but it smells lovely.

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #2943 on: 08 September, 2023, 11:42:57 pm »
Lovely article about young Isla  :thumbsup:
Milk please, no sugar.

Zed43

« Reply #2944 on: 13 September, 2023, 04:45:51 pm »
An empty envelope arrived in my Dutch mailbox today. Rather neatly damaged on the full left-hand side edge  ???; I suppose some Postal Person is now enjoying the magazine.

(no need to re-send, I'll read the online version once it's available)

« Reply #2945 on: 13 September, 2023, 08:33:22 pm »
An empty envelope arrived in my Dutch mailbox today. Rather neatly damaged on the full left-hand side edge  ???; I suppose some Postal Person is now enjoying the magazine.

I can save it for you.

I am looking forward to read the report of Matt and Stu's big ride in Scotland.

« Reply #2946 on: 20 September, 2023, 12:47:42 pm »

Curiously, living two kilometers north of Zed43, I had the same: envelope neatly damaged on the full left-hand side edge. However, the magazine was still in the envelope. I guess that the postal person decided not to steal a second copy ;-)

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2947 on: 28 September, 2023, 10:58:23 pm »

My copy has yet to arrive...

J
--

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #2948 on: 14 December, 2023, 07:54:37 am »
Got my copy on Tuesday . . .  and they've reintroduced the ink smell at the printers . . . . . . . it really is awful so my copy has been banished to the garage by Mrs robgul.

« Reply #2949 on: 14 December, 2023, 10:12:05 am »
Any one else's arrived with some weird half pages going on it the middle ?

Owen
Old Enough to know better, young enough not to care.
Facebook, the toilet wall of the modern generation