Author Topic: A Happy New Year?  (Read 912 times)

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
A Happy New Year?
« on: 15 November, 2012, 11:23:23 am »
No, I haven't (completely) lost the plot, not yet anyway :D

I have just discovered that the place I am working has managed to secure the services of my replacement (something that I knew they would be doing all along, just though it might take a bit longer than it has).

He starts at the beginning of Dec.

Aloowing for a long, detailed, handover that potentially means I am back on the scrapheap job market from the beginning of Jan.

Should I take me time and go for a UK tour (accepted that the weather will be poor, but beggers/choosers and cash shortage and all that)?
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
Re: A Happy New Year?
« Reply #1 on: 15 November, 2012, 06:00:57 pm »
That's a bit shit, innit?

Catalunya FTW. ;)
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

« Reply #2 on: 16 November, 2012, 02:15:29 pm »
That's a bugger about the job but an early season UK tour sounds like a challenge. Can I come?

tiermat

« Reply #3 on: 16 November, 2012, 03:00:25 pm »
loadsabikes, of course you can, the more the merrier :)

Don't worry nothing untoward has happened, just I won't get any extension, which was mooted as possible at the beginning.

I should really go back to cynical mode and assume all contracts are just what they say they are until I get paperwork saying otherwise :(
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

LindaG

« Reply #4 on: 16 November, 2012, 03:05:37 pm »
Oh, arse, that's a real pig about the job.

January could be great for touring if it's like it was for the Kildale weekend last year - cold but bright.  You'd want to be in a bed though, not in a sleeping bag, shirley?

It's a bit of a gamble weather-wise though.

tiermat

« Reply #5 on: 19 November, 2012, 12:57:01 pm »
I know it's a gamble, but what doesn't kill you and all of that jazz....

I would plan a pootle up to Chathill, over several days, but I am taking TLD up there so that's out really.

Shall start looking at other options.