Author Topic: The weather is so bad I may have to use the turbo  (Read 3791 times)

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
Re: The weather is so bad I may have to use the turbo
« Reply #25 on: 12 February, 2013, 01:18:41 pm »
Only 17 minutes but its a start.....

I doubt that 17 minutes on a turbo is going to have any training effect whatsoever :)

I managed 3x 20 minute intervals this morning, the whole session was about 90 minutes

I watched the rest of "Bladerunner" and then listened to music

« Reply #26 on: 12 February, 2013, 01:25:26 pm »
I managed 3x 20 minute intervals this morning, the whole session was about 90 minutes

3? At threshold? Eeek. Even I, with my professed love of turbo training, shudder at that!
'Something....something.... Something about racing bicycles, but really a profound metaphor about life itself.'  Tim KrabbĂ©. Possibly

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
« Reply #27 on: 12 February, 2013, 01:36:27 pm »
I did about 3 minutes this morning. My target is complete the warmup section on the video I'm using.

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #28 on: 12 February, 2013, 01:42:00 pm »

3? At threshold? Eeek. Even I, with my professed love of turbo training, shudder at that!

No, at 10 beats below threshold.  I'm only flesh and blood :)

essexian

« Reply #29 on: 12 February, 2013, 01:48:19 pm »

I doubt that 17 minutes on a turbo is going to have any training effect whatsoever :)

Yep, no doubt about that but it got my legs moving and perhaps instead of walking past it on the way to the freezer, I'll stop and use it a bit more.  Every journey starts with a single step.  ;D

LEE

« Reply #30 on: 12 February, 2013, 02:05:07 pm »

Yep, no doubt about that but it got my legs moving and perhaps instead of walking past it on the way to the freezer, I'll stop and use it a bit more.  Every journey starts with a single step.  ;D

That's my view.  17 minutes on a turbo is 17 minutes you aren't sat eating in front of a TV.

If nothing else they are useful for a low exertion "loosener" the day after a hard ride.

However....treat yourself to a download of a Sufferfest video for the Laptop.

They do make a difference to the turbo experience  http://www.thesufferfest.com/video-sufferfests/

« Reply #31 on: 12 February, 2013, 03:16:04 pm »
I wouldn't be able to suffer 90 minutes. I do half an hour including pyramid sets. (Check me out with the training terminology- I think I've done it 3 times  ::-) )

bloomers100

• ACME's Head of Sexual Health and Family Planning
« Reply #32 on: 12 February, 2013, 03:36:08 pm »
My mate just texted me to say he'd done 5 hours on the turbo today and had one more to go.  :o  :sick:

LEE

« Reply #33 on: 12 February, 2013, 04:01:06 pm »
I wouldn't be able to suffer 90 minutes. I do half an hour including pyramid sets. (Check me out with the training terminology- I think I've done it 3 times  ::-) )

They do 30 min videos

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #34 on: 12 February, 2013, 06:21:34 pm »
My mate just texted me to say he'd done 5 hours on the turbo today and had one more to go.  :o  :sick:

The longest I ever did was 2 1/2 hours.  That was when I couldn't ride on the road due to busted collar bone in 2008

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #35 on: 12 February, 2013, 06:57:04 pm »
There's always someone doing something more mad/painful/mind-numbing/daft out there!
I know of at least one tester who has done 12 hours in race position on the turbo.

(I rate that as about one mad/painful/mind-numbing/daft point above actually riding a flat DC 12hr TT.)
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

bloomers100

• ACME's Head of Sexual Health and Family Planning
« Reply #36 on: 13 February, 2013, 06:34:09 am »
Update: he did 7 hours with half hour for lunch. He's traing for my arrow team.....eek!