Author Topic: Mounting a Busch & Muller Light on a SWB - Options?  (Read 2112 times)

Aushiker

• Cyclist, bushwalker, phottographer (amaturer)
    • Aushiker: Bicycling and Hiking in Western Australia
Mounting a Busch & Muller Light on a SWB - Options?
« on: 21 July, 2013, 04:02:52 am »
I am planning to setup a Bacchetta Giro 20 with a dynamo and will fit my Busch & Mueller Lumotec IQ Cyo Senso Plus or purchase a new Luxos U.

Anyway I am aware of the foot flash problem and that Bacchetta do sell the One Arm Bandit mount to address this issue.  My issue is mounting a Busch & Mueller light on the OAB or is there other options?

Hence this post seeking feedback on what others have done.

I am also aware of the Evo D Handlebar light mount and the Schmidt Handlebar Fitting Dynamo Headlamp Bracket which I am guessing could be used with the OAB.  Anyone have experience of this approach?

Thanks
Andrew

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: Mounting a Busch & Muller Light on a SWB - Options?
« Reply #1 on: 21 July, 2013, 10:08:59 am »
This thread refers:

https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=38544.0

I don't find foot flash to be a problem with the Cyo mounted forward from the lower bottle cage braze-on on its stock bracket; there's some interruption of spill in the periphery, but no significant lighting of the feet.  OTOH, I'm running 155mm cranks and only have large, not enormous, feet.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #2 on: 21 July, 2013, 03:12:07 pm »
My light is mounted beneath the BB and I've not had any problems with foot flash.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Aushiker

« Reply #3 on: 26 July, 2013, 01:52:33 pm »
This thread refers:

https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=38544.0
Thanks for the link. Will go and take a look.

Andrew

« Reply #4 on: 26 October, 2013, 10:24:42 am »
OK, most of this thread is slightly dated, in that we now have available the Luxos U, inter alia, with a remote switch. I have found this most useful on my upright Audax bike since not only can I operate the lamp from the handlebars but also I can draw surplus power to run my Garmin.

For laid back use though, the cable between lamp and remote switch may have to be extended. Who's going to be the first to be bold/clever enough to educate me as to how simple this would be, given [insert list of stuff from Maplins, etc.]?

Actually, having just written the above, I have remembered that the remote cable plugs into the lamp via what looks like a simple 3.5 mm jackplug (would have to check this) so presumably an extension lead ought to be simple even for electric numpties like me?

Aushiker

« Reply #5 on: 28 October, 2013, 01:16:03 pm »
Actually, having just written the above, I have remembered that the remote cable plugs into the lamp via what looks like a simple 3.5 mm jackplug (would have to check this) so presumably an extension lead ought to be simple even for electric numpties like me?

A rider at Bentrider Online has made use of an extension cable. A search over there should bring up the thread.

Andrew

« Reply #6 on: 31 October, 2013, 08:43:41 pm »
A rider at Bentrider Online has made use of an extension cable. A search over there should bring up the thread.

Andrew
Ah right, I'll go and look.