Author Topic: The Stang '200  (Read 1850 times)

Graeme

• @fatherhilarious.blog 🦋
    • Graeme's Blog
The Stang '200
« on: 09 September, 2015, 05:27:27 pm »
I took yesterday off work to ride in the cold, grey and damp. I rode (enjoyed?) the rough surface and traffic along the A167 from Durham to Thirsk in rush hour and then weaved my way northwards through Masham, Leyburn, Reeth, Barnard Castle and Darlington. At least the hills kept me warm.

It was great to meet up with deano and dave from vc167 and be treated to a lovely section of COR to avoid the worst of the A167 between Darlo and the A1(M). Post-PBP meet at the Duke of Boots in Neville Cross. After a long day in the saddle, the company of friends, a beer and a warm meal makes the world a better place.

Blog write up and grey damp photographs of grey damp places.

Re: The Stang '200
« Reply #1 on: 09 September, 2015, 07:42:00 pm »
Argh, wish I'd known! I was thinking of doing pretty much the exact same ride to try and salvage something from my season (but decided to sit on my arse doing very little instead)! Looks a good route.

Graeme

• Graeme's Blog
« Reply #2 on: 09 September, 2015, 07:47:28 pm »
Argh, wish I'd known! I was thinking of doing pretty much the exact same ride to try and salvage something from my season (but decided to sit on my arse doing very little instead)! Looks a good route.

D'oh. Sorry Dale, last minute decision.

« Reply #3 on: 09 September, 2015, 08:04:59 pm »

D'oh. Sorry Dale, last minute decision.

Mine was too  :D

Needed a 150 to get the Randonneur 500 award, so was going to do this - http://ridewithgps.com/routes/9847024

Then thought, nah, that's too much like hard work and routed Sunderland > Thirsk > Barnard Castle > Sunderland instead.

Then thought, nah, I'll actually sort my life out before moving on Friday so sat on my backside doing incredibly boring things like sort a job/insurance/bank account out.  :(

« Reply #4 on: 19 September, 2015, 11:28:14 pm »
Another interesting read, thanks.
 :)

« Reply #5 on: 20 September, 2015, 10:14:29 am »
Thanks, Graeme.  It's a great area to ride, isn't it?

Graeme

• Graeme's Blog
« Reply #6 on: 21 September, 2015, 03:02:38 pm »
Thank you.

I can't understate how fortunate I feel to be able to cycle in the northeast.

I'm interested in Dave's Dales rides sometime.