Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1761020 times)

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
Re: Mid-Essex Mid Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #5350 on: 10 September, 2014, 10:38:41 am »
Bum.

I am not sure when I will be able to set off for The Compasses this evening if at all.  Hopefully I will see you all at the pub.  If not have a fun ride.

The Retiree

• Zappi Clothing Ambassador - http://zappi.clothing/
« Reply #5351 on: 10 September, 2014, 10:42:07 am »
Sorry to hear that Steve, Grant did you secure a pass for this evening?

« Reply #5352 on: 10 September, 2014, 12:29:23 pm »
I am out to night just got my lucky pass see you 7.30 pm spa road

The Retiree

« Reply #5353 on: 10 September, 2014, 01:12:02 pm »
Good to hear that Kev, any other joiners at 7.30, Brian, Grant (if he secures his pass)

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #5354 on: 10 September, 2014, 01:31:20 pm »
Hoping to be there, just don't wait for me if I'm not there a couple of minutes past 7:30...
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

The Retiree

« Reply #5355 on: 10 September, 2014, 01:36:39 pm »
Ok Grant, we will keep our fingers crossed mate  :thumbsup:

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #5356 on: 10 September, 2014, 03:45:50 pm »
I have a Home Office pass, just got to see if work gets in the way of me being awheel this evening now...

The Retiree

« Reply #5357 on: 10 September, 2014, 03:55:10 pm »
Good news!! Hopefully work commitments allow your attendance as we're relying on you for navigational purposes..... :o

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #5358 on: 10 September, 2014, 05:08:12 pm »
Ok, ticks in all the right boxes now, barring any other inhibitors I'll be at Spa/Powers Hall Road roundabout at 7:30 where we can set off towards Terling (although not actually going thru Terling until our return to Witham)

« Reply #5359 on: 10 September, 2014, 05:37:47 pm »
That great see everybody at 7.30 need some in put on handlebar bags for my next 200/400km ride

« Reply #5360 on: 10 September, 2014, 06:11:58 pm »
A quick name change the old one a bit naff

Oscar's dad

« Reply #5361 on: 10 September, 2014, 08:23:38 pm »
This evening I should be enjoying the night air awheel with me mates but instead ...

« Reply #5362 on: 11 September, 2014, 07:33:15 am »
While OD was cataloguing his Pr0n and warez some of us made it to the Compasses for a tipple. I sucked on Oscar Wilde while Chinook seemed to be the beer for the others.
Bloomers was already there, arriving just minutes before me and then Kevh, Doggers, and Huggy arrived soon followed by Tomsk. Flying Helmet Ada took the opportunity to get some GPS knowledge and will probably not "throw it into a hedge" any time soon!
A good evening to ride and it's getting colder, especially in the low bits of road! On my return I was only passed by one car, on the Parkway in Chelmsford, it was a very quiet ride home.  :thumbsup:

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #5363 on: 11 September, 2014, 08:34:18 am »
^ Yes 'twas a bit nippy - think I'll pack some full finger gloves for the weekend. Now debating sandals/shoes, shorts+knee/leg warmers or 3/4s....

The Retiree

« Reply #5364 on: 11 September, 2014, 08:36:01 am »
Shame you couldn't join us Steve it was a great evenings ride and company! Good too see Tomsk, delthebike again plus meet a couple of new faces.
The Chinook was lovely as was the Ridleys rites and topped off at the end with a navigation stout all in all a good choice even if i do say so myself!

bloomers100

• ACME's Head of Sexual Health and Family Planning
« Reply #5365 on: 11 September, 2014, 08:46:30 am »

It was like an R & D meeting at NASA HQ last night. Those etrex 30s really are an impressive bit of kit. It was nice to catch up with everyone and I wish you all well for the weekend. Did I feel a twinge of regret for not completing my SR, did I bollox....

« Reply #5366 on: 11 September, 2014, 11:45:46 am »
Did I feel a twinge of regret for not completing my SR, did I bollox....

There's still a couple of weeks left..........

Oscar's dad

« Reply #5367 on: 11 September, 2014, 12:31:51 pm »
Did we establish why bloomers wasn't leading the Flying Helmet on another epic raid on the low counties?  According to his wife (with whom I have a relationship  O:-) ) he is "resting"  ::-)

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #5368 on: 11 September, 2014, 01:20:56 pm »
Did we establish why bloomers wasn't leading the Flying Helmet on another epic raid on the low counties?  According to his wife (with whom I have a relationship  O:-) ) he is "resting"  ::-)
I think it's more accurate to say it's a severe case of CBA'd

The ride was indeed very nice with some of my energy levels restored which bodes better for the coming weekend than I felt last weekend.  Some wildlife was experienced on the way to Littley Green even though we bypassed Hurrells Lane. Several bats were encountered, an unidentified (to me at least but certainly not a badger) furry beast scurried across the road just in front of the lead wheels, and as if to give us some dogging experience because we'd avoided the opportunity earlier we disturbed a pair of deer having a special hug on the roadside verge, I'm sure they were blushing as they ran off together.
A great turn out in The Compasses where copious amounts of local brews Ridley's Rite & Chinook along with Oscar Wilde while it lasted were checked for quality assurance, the kitten casualty count totalled 3.  A dry run of the Witham Cycling GPS master class was in session.
The almost full & bright harvest moon encouraged some lights off riding with the lack of LEDs hardly noticed until we entered tree cover.

All in all, an excellent evening which should not have been missed by any self respecting MEMWNS rider  ;D

Oscar's dad

« Reply #5369 on: 11 September, 2014, 01:34:09 pm »
All in all, an excellent evening which should not have been missed by any self respecting MEMWNS rider  ;D

Go on rub it in why don't you!

bloomers100

• ACME's Head of Sexual Health and Family Planning
« Reply #5370 on: 11 September, 2014, 01:41:56 pm »
More disaffected with flogging myself than CBA.

If fine otherwise

Oscar's dad

« Reply #5371 on: 11 September, 2014, 01:52:31 pm »
I have sympathy with your sentiments bloomers. After the PBP I may well give up the audaxing lark or at the very least take a long holiday from it.

« Reply #5372 on: 12 September, 2014, 03:48:22 am »
Another good ride on weds night to the compasses. Some nice wild life seen on the way there and on the way home(special hugs) at the road side.Great to meet some new faces. Hope to get out soon on another MEMWNS ride.

The Retiree

« Reply #5373 on: 12 September, 2014, 08:26:52 am »
Early call out mate or an all nighter trying to fix equipment? Noticed your post was at 3.48am!!!! Ride safe on Sunday

« Reply #5374 on: 12 September, 2014, 02:22:43 pm »
Early call out to fix a m/c. Cycling through witham at 3am no street lights and no wildlife to be seen