Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1761294 times)

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
Re: Mid-Essex Mid Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #8425 on: 08 December, 2015, 11:33:46 am »
Sixth in the list, no posts for two days!!  :o

[Writtle Wheatsheaf =  :thumbsup:]

So Writtle Wed destination then?
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #8426 on: 08 December, 2015, 12:14:46 pm »
I find Rainlegs are a more than adequate substitute for a masonic apron and have the added advantage of being wipe clean.

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #8427 on: 08 December, 2015, 03:41:02 pm »
Anyone fancy riding Cambridge to London on Friday night (70mi), Breakfast in LST option of train / ride home from there?

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/11231830
Regards,

Joergen

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #8428 on: 08 December, 2015, 04:09:54 pm »
I don't know why but it has just occurred to me that we haven't been to The Wheatsheaf at Writtle for ages, or at least I haven't.  Could we go there next week?
For the sake of sharing a route to start discussion, this is what I recorded when collecting OD from The Wheatsheaf when he was being all keen and riding home from That London.  It's quite a direct route which could easily be extended via The Hanningfields, Stock and Margaretting if desired.

ETA:
Extended out route option (happens to be the first leg of my Essex R&R 200k to the Stock control)
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #8429 on: 08 December, 2015, 04:13:47 pm »
I don't know why but it has just occurred to me that we haven't been to The Wheatsheaf at Writtle for ages, or at least I haven't.  Could we go there next week?
For the sake of sharing a route to start discussion, this is what I recorded when collecting OD from The Wheatsheaf when he was being all keen and riding home from That London.  It's quite a direct route which could easily be extended via The Hanningfields, Stock and Margaretting if desired.

This what I was thinking: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/11410176 as a leg stretcher for me...  unfortunately they don't cross for a meaningful distance other than the return leg and the pub :)
Regards,

Joergen

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #8430 on: 08 December, 2015, 05:58:18 pm »

ETA:
Extended out route option (happens to be the first leg of my Essex R&R 200k to the Stock control)

If the latter, I'll pick it up in reverse from Nathan's Lane, south of Writtle and hope to meet you heading up towards Margaretting and Stock.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #8431 on: 09 December, 2015, 10:45:54 am »

If the latter, I'll pick it up in reverse from Nathan's Lane, south of Writtle and hope to meet you heading up towards Margaretting and Stock.

So the Witham peloton is going with this?
My usual colonials interference caveat applies for this evening, but I'm planning on being at the roundabout for 7:30.

« Reply #8432 on: 09 December, 2015, 01:31:29 pm »
Anyone fancy riding Cambridge to London on Friday night (70mi), Breakfast in LST option of train / ride home from there?

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/11231830

Tempting, however my re-planned 200km is for Saturday so I better give it a miss. I am considering a Midnighish start for my 200 though...just to make it different and so i can finish in Daylight.

Also, it happens the Swan in Little Totham is having another Beer Festival starting on Friday...my last control happens to be The Swan so I am hoping for a good 2 or 3 hours in hand!

As previously mentioned I will not be out tonight as it is Mrs Tippers B'day. I have already got something wrong this morning....not quite sure what though  :facepalm: . It is OK though, I have ensured the bar is set low in previous years so no need for a bed in the Man Cave just yet.

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #8433 on: 09 December, 2015, 03:35:23 pm »
^ Birthday wishes to the lovely Mrs Tippers  :-* and good luck with your re-scheduled 200.

...Also, it happens the Swan in Little Totham is having another Beer Festival starting on Friday...

MEWRTTP [midessexweekendridetothepub] anybody ?

« Reply #8434 on: 09 December, 2015, 03:48:05 pm »
^ Birthday wishes to the lovely Mrs Tippers  :-* and good luck with your re-scheduled 200.

...Also, it happens the Swan in Little Totham is having another Beer Festival starting on Friday...

If you happen to be thinking on Saturday my 200 comes back through Saffron Walden, Elsenham, High Easter, Little Totham we could meet on Route?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #8435 on: 09 December, 2015, 03:56:38 pm »

My usual colonials interference caveat applies for this evening, but I'm planning on being at the roundabout for 7:30.

Yes!  Works for me!

Oscar's dad

« Reply #8436 on: 09 December, 2015, 03:58:07 pm »
And happy birthday Mrs tippers!

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #8437 on: 09 December, 2015, 03:58:33 pm »

If you happen to be thinking on Saturday my 200 comes back through Saffron Walden, Elsenham, High Easter, Little Totham we could meet on Route?

I'll have to consult, but tis possible...

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #8438 on: 09 December, 2015, 04:05:43 pm »

I shall do my best to be at the Spa Road Rbt at the appropriate time.
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

« Reply #8439 on: 09 December, 2015, 04:07:28 pm »

As shall I.
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

Oscar's dad

« Reply #8440 on: 09 December, 2015, 04:08:11 pm »
And by the way I'm thinking of getting the train back from Chelmo.  I was on the curry and beer last night, had a big lunch with customer today, then a night with you lot tonight plus more beer with a customer tomorrow afternoon.  A chap needs to conserve his energy you know!

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #8441 on: 09 December, 2015, 04:37:12 pm »
Or we could see you at the junction of BHR and Peg Millers

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #8442 on: 09 December, 2015, 04:38:03 pm »
OD - You could always get the train there as well.  And maybe a taxi from/to Chelmsford station to avoid all this mucking about with bikes etc.  ;D
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

Oscar's dad

« Reply #8443 on: 09 December, 2015, 04:56:05 pm »
Good idea!

Andy C33

• Beverage Procurement Officer.
« Reply #8444 on: 09 December, 2015, 06:16:04 pm »
I shall not be awheel tonight 🙁

« Reply #8445 on: 09 December, 2015, 08:30:53 pm »
From The Swan's Facebook page
The calm before the storm.... To start off the "Festive Fun" this Friday 11th is the beginning of our second Winter Beer Festival  we will have 24+ beers through the week , Live Music on Saturday 12th from 2pm, then more live Music Saturday 19th from 8pm.

Nik

Oscar's dad

« Reply #8446 on: 11 December, 2015, 07:07:56 am »
Regarding the quiz at The Compasses next Wednesday, I've got the following info the their Facebook page ...

Start time 8pm [OD: I'm guessing the Witham peloton might need to leave before 7:30pm]

Maximum of 6 people per team - please pre-register your team to guarantee entry [OD: I will let them know we will have at least one team.  Do we need another?]

Entry fee is £4 per person (all proceeds going to the J's Hospice in Chelmsford)

Prizes for winners and wooden spooners!

(Food & drink is not included but there will be rudimentary nibbles on the table)

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #8447 on: 11 December, 2015, 12:06:26 pm »
I can't be there  :'(

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #8448 on: 11 December, 2015, 02:19:33 pm »
I'm in  :thumbsup: (at the moment, I'm in That London during the day though...)
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #8449 on: 11 December, 2015, 03:19:16 pm »
I won't be making it....got a target to reach (oh and got the in-laws in town)