Author Topic: Secret crushes you have had  (Read 97960 times)

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
Re: Secret crushes you have had
« Reply #250 on: 02 October, 2010, 04:03:59 pm »
Jessie The Yodelling Cowgirl from Toy Story 2.

Jessie (Toy Story) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #251 on: 02 October, 2010, 06:15:44 pm »
Alana from The Girl From Tomorrow

In my defence, I was 12 at the time.

When I eventually admitted this to barakta, it turned out that she'd had exactly the same secret crush.   :D

More recently, less secret and altogether far more sensible, Jem Stansfield of pretty much every cool science TV programme in recent history (seriously, if he's not actually on screen, he's probably in the credits under Mad Welding Consultant or similar).  It's well documented that I have a bit of a thing for cuddly geeks...

Steve Kish

• World's No. 1 moaner about the weather.
« Reply #252 on: 02 October, 2010, 07:47:03 pm »
I used to belong to the unofficial 'drool over Jenny Agutter' club but now, I quite fancy almost any woman over 45 that works as a political reporter for ITV and BBC with particular lust-preference to Daisy McAndrew.

ITV News political correspondent Daisy McAndrew named economics editor | Media | guardian.co.uk

Any woman with a smile like that and I'm at her absolute command!! ;D
Old enough to know better!

« Reply #253 on: 02 October, 2010, 08:27:38 pm »
When I was 16/17 Harriet Wheeler, partly because of the red hair, partly because of her voice on Reading, Writing and Arithmetic. I went to see them at the T&C and it got cancelled because of her having a cold. By the time they rescheduled, I was going to raves, and blew out that gig to go to an Energy do, which in turn got cancelled (that story ends with me dancing onstage with Adamski and Orbital in front of 21000 people)

Around the same time, Miki Berenyi. I stole her songlist off her mic in Brighton, then saw her soon after at a "secret" Ultra Vivid Scene gig and she said hello (being 6'2 with half a foot of pillarbox red hair in a spike can get you recognised, I guess).Swoon.

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #254 on: 02 October, 2010, 08:38:36 pm »
Ah yes, Miki from Lush, she was well... lush. I didn't realise she was 6'2" though.  ;)
From a similar era... whatever happened to Sonya Aurora-Madan?

I saw Suzanne Vega on BBC4 last night, and I thought - some women I fancy never mind how old they get (see: Kirsty Wark etc)

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #255 on: 02 October, 2010, 09:12:09 pm »

I saw Suzanne Vega on BBC4 last night, and I thought - some women I fancy never mind how old they get (see: Kirsty Wark etc)

I know what you mean...... mrs. jogler springs to mind but it's not a secret :)

hulver

• I am a mole and I live in a hole.
« Reply #256 on: 02 October, 2010, 09:38:48 pm »
I've always had a bit of a thing for Prunella Scales. Which considering the age difference, is very very wrong.

Also, really inappropriate crushes on Sandi Toksvig and Sue Perkins.  ::-)

rogerzilla

« Reply #257 on: 02 October, 2010, 11:02:28 pm »
Who saw Felicity Kendal on Strictly last night and thought, "She's 64, but..."

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #258 on: 02 October, 2010, 11:07:50 pm »
Mrs. Batts, a very athletic young Biology teacher when I was in the sixth form. I had long since given up biology as an academic subject, but when I inadvertently knocked her over in a manner to give me an unrestricted, if brief, view of her stocking-tops and none-too-voluminous knickers, from that point on whenever we met in the corridor she invariably blushed and smiled. It was most becoming.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

rogerzilla

« Reply #259 on: 02 October, 2010, 11:11:25 pm »
Mrs. Batts, a very athletic young Biology teacher when I was in the sixth form. I had long since given up biology as an academic subject, but when I inadvertently knocked her over in a manner to give me an unrestricted, if brief, view of her stocking-tops and none-too-voluminous knickers, from that point on whenever we met in the corridor she invariably blushed and smiled. It was most becoming.
And, moreover, you knew that a biology teacher knew what to do and how to do it.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #260 on: 02 October, 2010, 11:13:42 pm »
And, moreover, you knew that a biology teacher knew what to do and how to do it.

I also met her husband, who was a vet and came to operate on a neighbour's dog one cold winter's day. He recognised my sixth form scarf.

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #261 on: 02 October, 2010, 11:34:13 pm »
When I was 15, my Biology teacher had sex with me in a cupboard at the back of the classroom after school.

My arse hurt for weeks afterwards.

« Reply #262 on: 03 October, 2010, 12:36:21 am »
Dot Allison.
Saw her a few times on TOTP, live at (I think) one of the V festivals and then live with Massive Attack.
She did the Liz Frazer bits of Mezzanine. I don't think that LF would have been better (and I've seen LF live with Massive Attack). Praise doesn't get any higher than that IMO.

YouTube
        - Massive Attack - Group Four (Live @ Pinkpop Festival Part 2)

Then I came (Fnarr, fnarr) across this "video":-

YouTube
        - Dot Allison - We're Only Science - Live at Benicassim 2002

"Blissed out  ;)", looks gorgeous and not too young for me*. It doesn't get any better than that does it ?

* Yes, yes, too cool.

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #263 on: 03 October, 2010, 12:39:30 am »
Tori Amos.

You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

rogerzilla

« Reply #264 on: 03 October, 2010, 07:35:04 am »
Tori Amos.

Beavis and Butt-Head hit the nail on the head there.

It would be really cool to have Tori Amos as your girlfriend, but you know that one day you'd wake up and she'd be standing over you with an axe.

« Reply #265 on: 03 October, 2010, 07:50:56 am »
20 years ago this vid got me through months of living in a bunker:

YouTube
      - Broadcast Yourself.

« Reply #266 on: 03 October, 2010, 08:25:16 am »
The backing singer to Thomas Dolby's Hyperactive, which I have discovered in the Internet Age to be Adele Berte.

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
« Reply #267 on: 03 October, 2010, 09:09:05 am »

It clearly did have an impact on you, as you're repeating yourself!   ;)
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

« Reply #268 on: 03 October, 2010, 10:41:01 am »

Did it last longer the second time?

« Reply #269 on: 03 October, 2010, 12:13:47 pm »
Our biology teacher was memorable for announcing in class that 'some women like monkeys'.  Can't remember what else she taught us.
Move Faster and Bake Things

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #270 on: 03 October, 2010, 12:53:18 pm »

Did I ever tell you about the crush I had on or biology teacher? Just after the first world war, it was, just as the bromide was beginning to wear off.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #271 on: 03 October, 2010, 01:37:05 pm »
Our biology teacher was memorable for announcing in class that 'some women like monkeys'.  Can't remember what else she taught us.
Well, they're easier to train than men.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #272 on: 03 October, 2010, 01:51:59 pm »
Well, they're easier to train than men.

Ape-like, they are, and simian
And not like normal men and wimian.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #273 on: 03 October, 2010, 02:53:14 pm »
The backing singer to Thomas Dolby's <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/zelVvrgcK_g&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/zelVvrgcK_g&rel=1</a>e, which I have discovered in the Internet Age to be Adele Berte.
Is that Thomas Dolby, or a blond Miliband we don't know about yet?  :o
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #274 on: 03 October, 2010, 11:56:56 pm »

I also met her husband, who was a vet and came to operate on a neighbour's dog one cold winter's day. He recognised my sixth form scarf.

Oh damn, you left it on the bed post the week before?
It is simpler than it looks.