Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 598451 times)

Jacomus

• My favourite gender neutral pronoun is comrade
Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #500 on: 27 April, 2010, 06:00:20 pm »
Heh. I have no Pinarello.

Oh.

Bugger.
"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." Amelia Earhart

« Reply #501 on: 27 April, 2010, 06:17:07 pm »
Were you thinking of this?
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #502 on: 27 April, 2010, 08:25:56 pm »
I might have spotted Rogerzilla yesterday.

Roger, were you cycling onto the roundabout where they recently demolished the Polcie Station, hacving descended the slight hill past the Courts at about 3:15 p.m. yetserday?

The rider I saw was on a drop barred bike which looked like it had a hub gear. The rider was in casual clothes and had a grey rucksack/ daypack on his back.

Not me, guv.  I was on such a bike yesterday, but out towards Hungerford, and I was also wearing YACF black kit (style over safety as usual  :))
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

toekneep

• Its got my name on it.
    • Blog
« Reply #503 on: 28 April, 2010, 08:05:20 pm »
There's a couple on here.  (I am trying to find a balance between blatantly plugging YACF and taking liberties as the web master)   ;D

dasmoth

• Techno-optimist
« Reply #504 on: 29 April, 2010, 09:22:59 am »
A suspected Regulator...

...on a singlespeed Pearson on Hills Road this morning?
Half term's when the traffic becomes mysteriously less bad for a week.

Jacomus

« Reply #505 on: 29 April, 2010, 09:31:44 am »
Were you thinking of this?

*Drool* Yes I was.
"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." Amelia Earhart

« Reply #506 on: 29 April, 2010, 10:11:42 am »
I met young Adrian, on the A23 between Norbury and Streatham, before he went Brixton-ward and went left towards Tooting Bec Common.  We negotiated the road works and gormless junction blocking lorry drivers whilst having a conversation and trying not to be distracted enough to get squished by a vehicle.
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #507 on: 29 April, 2010, 06:34:20 pm »
I met young Adrian, on the A23 between Norbury and Streatham, before he went Brixton-ward and went left towards Tooting Bec Common.  We negotiated the road works and gormless junction blocking lorry drivers whilst having a conversation and trying not to be distracted enough to get squished by a vehicle.

keep those compliments comming
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

« Reply #508 on: 29 April, 2010, 07:35:28 pm »
Wendy, was that you on your 'bent with a black tailbox going round by the Oval at 5.40pm today?

I was going to shout but then became overcame with trepidation lest it not be you! I was going the other way and stopped waiting to turn right onto a cycle-only bit...

« Reply #509 on: 29 April, 2010, 10:40:28 pm »
Wendy, was that you on your 'bent with a black tailbox going round by the Oval at 5.40pm today?

I was going to shout but then became overcame with trepidation lest it not be you! I was going the other way and stopped waiting to turn right onto a cycle-only bit...

Yup it was, wish you had shouted!!!
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

« Reply #510 on: 29 April, 2010, 10:54:58 pm »
Bugger! Normally I would have been in my YACF jersey, but I was on my way to BMF so I was wearing an old t-shirt I don't mind getting grass stains on...

I will shout if I see you again...

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #511 on: 30 April, 2010, 12:43:59 pm »
A suspected Regulator...

...on a singlespeed Pearson on Hills Road this morning?

Probably me... did I have a yellow courier bag, blue lensed glasses and a Campag cap on?

Edit: And did I look rather fat in an IMBA top?  ;)

P.S.  I shan't be offended if you say 'Yes'  ;D
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #512 on: 30 April, 2010, 12:49:30 pm »
Yes.  And I didn't see you ;)
Getting there...

« Reply #513 on: 30 April, 2010, 06:34:53 pm »
Bit late...sorry home pc kaput but seems to be cured now - Nuncio and Miniog pedalling up the Black Mountain from Llandarrog (nearly at the top) on some secret Mille training mission :-X.
Most amusing as I had only just rounded the hairpin and remarked that I havent ever cycled up from this side.....

Jacomus

« Reply #514 on: 30 April, 2010, 06:38:40 pm »

It seems that meetings involving young Adrian involve hairy vehicular situations - reportedly Emily and Adrian were in the vicinity of a fender bender / near fender bender when they met again on a recent commute. :o

« Reply #515 on: 30 April, 2010, 08:11:37 pm »

It seems that meetings involving young Adrian involve hairy vehicular situations - reportedly Emily and Adrian were in the vicinity of a fender bender / near fender bender when they met again on a recent commute. :o

Indeed we were. The poor woman was so relieved to see two cyclists stop so that she could turn left across the bus lane, that she forgot to check that the vehicle in front was out of the way. I didn't feel sufficiently sorry to stick around though.
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

« Reply #516 on: 01 May, 2010, 07:25:19 pm »
me, by Aunty C, Julian and Kim.  Thanks for stopping guys!!  You cheered up my morning nicely!   ;D

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #517 on: 01 May, 2010, 07:41:55 pm »
Always a pleasure to see you, Mike  :)

I sometimes wonder if you get fed up with YACFers, CCers and others stopping to say hi - especially if you're in the middle of a lesson!
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

« Reply #518 on: 01 May, 2010, 07:53:44 pm »
Always a pleasure to see you, Mike  :)

I sometimes wonder if you get fed up with YACFers, CCers and others stopping to say hi - especially if you're in the middle of a lesson!

No chance, it's awesome when you guys stop by!  If I can't chat, I'll be obvious and direct about it, but I'll always try to.

« Reply #519 on: 01 May, 2010, 07:59:11 pm »
Reminds me...

Spotted and briefly chatted to a smiling Peliroja on Thursday morning on Cheyne Walk.

Bonnes vacances y felices fiestas.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
« Reply #520 on: 02 May, 2010, 07:42:58 am »
I've spotted 2 forummers now captured for posterity electronically on Southwark Cyclists FAQ for this year's Dunwich Dynamo.  Scroll down halfway, for the photo on the right hand side of the inside of the village hall, to see bobb and Jurek.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #521 on: 02 May, 2010, 12:36:45 pm »
Barry has only half updated the FAQ from last year...24 July isn't Independence Day (not that we have Independence Day anyway).

I'm mildly disturbed to see that they need public liability insurance.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #522 on: 02 May, 2010, 05:51:00 pm »
I don't know if any of them were YACFers but I saw 8 fully loaded cyclists( 1 group of 3 & 5 solos) riding nothbound on ther A30 today.Not sure if that's at all enjoyable or brave,desperate or darwinism.
If they were expecting a SW wind they were dissappointed :(
The E2E season is certainly underway methinks.Whoever they are,bon voyage.

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #523 on: 04 May, 2010, 10:40:25 pm »
I'm not 100% sure, but I think I caught a glimpse of a very rapidly disappearing into the distance Lady T down by the river today.  On a blue bike?

« Reply #524 on: 05 May, 2010, 09:00:27 am »
It was good to see and chat with Clarion this morning between Stockwell and Elephant..

A nice socialble chat always makes the riding easier...
Just someone's butler