Author Topic: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread  (Read 447718 times)

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Re: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread
« Reply #4375 on: 09 May, 2024, 05:04:12 pm »
Good mandrill impression, though.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #4376 on: 17 May, 2024, 04:21:02 pm »
After finishing some nasal topiary I put my little electric trimmer back on the shelf.  From where it promptly made a suicidal leap for freedom....    I picked up the 2 pieces (the head had come off) and was able to click them back together & it still worked.    I then noticed that during its descent it had hit my pottery shaving bowl* & taken a chunk out of the base.  I'm going to have to find the superglue....

Finally I looked down & noticed that there was quite a lot of red stuff leaking from my left big toe....  one of the falling items with a sharp edge must have landed on it...  :facepalm:

Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #4377 on: 17 May, 2024, 11:05:46 pm »
After finishing some nasal topiary I put my little electric trimmer back on the shelf.  From where it promptly made a suicidal leap for freedom....    I picked up the 2 pieces (the head had come off) and was able to click them back together & it still worked.    I then noticed that during its descent it had hit my pottery shaving bowl* & taken a chunk out of the base.  I'm going to have to find the superglue....

Finally I looked down & noticed that there was quite a lot of red stuff leaking from my left big toe....  one of the falling items with a sharp edge must have landed on it...  :facepalm:

Another reason why beards are good 🧔

Paul

• L'enfer, c'est les autos.
« Reply #4378 on: 18 May, 2024, 08:38:33 am »

Another reason why beards are good 🧔

In your nose?
What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

« Reply #4379 on: 18 May, 2024, 09:40:48 am »
I'm guessing the reference might be to the pottery shaving bowl.

Ii find it much easier to use an electric shaver.  I am less prone to unintended self harm this way.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #4380 on: 18 May, 2024, 10:05:58 am »
Shaving is just a vanity thing. Let beards be is what I say!
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #4381 on: 18 May, 2024, 11:15:34 am »
'Ear, 'ear!  Speaking of which, maybe that electric nose-picker thing would fit a lughole...

« Reply #4382 on: 18 May, 2024, 04:00:31 pm »
'Ear, 'ear!  Speaking of which, maybe that electric nose-picker thing would fit a lughole...

Oh yes, they certainly do.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #4383 on: 18 May, 2024, 04:40:53 pm »
I managed to forget spare trousers when packing to come to my mum's and only realised when I chucked my dirty clothes in the washing machine. I managed 4 teeshirts, plenty of underwear, 2 jumpers, scarves in case it was chilly and only 1 pair of trousers which I had on.

Thankfully my mum is a similar size so I found some of her leggings as she was out. The washing machine had a fast spin and I banged my jeans in the tumble drier for 20 mins cos I Do Not have the physical spoons to do outside laundry (which involves either carrying stuff the long way round or fighting with broken doors that I can't open). That's self care innit.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #4384 on: 18 May, 2024, 05:15:09 pm »

Oh yes, they certainly do.

The thing is, nasal hairs are filters that combine with nasal secretions (sorry) to trap air-borne particles.  I only ever used mine the once, and found my sense of smell considerably altered - in fact, I'm wondering if it wasn't then that my current susceptibility to pollen began.  It only takes one good onslaught.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #4385 on: Today at 09:13:50 am »
Twigged to what I was doing after pouring a good splash of milk into the water-tank of the coffee machine.