Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Where The Wild Things Are / Re: What is your pet doing right now?*
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 05:55:32 pm »
Lord Tigs is recovering at the vet after having his right eye removed.  We've been trying to control uveitis since October but it was taking a high dose of steroids (which has made him rather fat) and still not really working.  There was permanent damage, with the iris stuck to the lens with scar tissue, and the vet is sure he has had nothing more than light and shade on that side for months. Anyway, yesterday it became ulcerated so he'll be much happier without it.  He caught a mouse last week, so being one-eyed isn't really restricting his activities ;D
I'll add my thanks to Von Broad for sharing. Firstly, I'm glad you aren't too bad.

It is good for us to hear that and for all of us who drive to and from events - a salutary reminder. I try and avoid it but sometimes, it's difficult not to.

What I find interesting is that it happened so quickly, both in terms of not long after leaving the arrivee and without warning of 'the dozies'.

I will reevaluate driving to/from again, especially any events involving an all-nighter. With any safety risk it's good to reassess on a regular basis. I suppose driving is one of the more dangerous things most of us do.
I have an Avery Word Template here, for address labels.

In Word 2016, you can see the 'grid lines' by clicking on the table to select it, then there should be 2 'Table Tools' options on the ribbon: Design, and Layout.
Clicking on 'Layout', you can select 'View Gridlines'.
That will show you exactly how the table has been set up.
Then, under 'Properties', you can see how the cell dimensions have been specified.
The Row and Column dimensions are specified as 'Exact' values.

Have a rummage around in there and see if you can find anything relevant.
Ctrl-Alt-Del / Re: Moving to Win11 without a Microsoft Account
« Last post by JennyB on Today at 05:35:07 pm »
My W11 upgrade completed successfully without a MS account - I think you need Pro, and it is not possible on home

That's good to know. I've got Pro.
Glad you are OK(-ish).  and agree about not using that frame again, it can join the gas pipe special I'm afraid (Ipswich tip does a good line in, ahem, used frames  ;D

I'm interested in your comment about possible glucose crash, but don't know aught about them.  Interested if anyone else can add anything - I have heard of someone on an audax blacking out (at least a decade ago) but never being quite sure why.
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by CAMRAMan on Today at 05:32:02 pm »
So Far Away - Dire Straits
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 05:22:39 pm »
The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get - Morrissey
The Knowledge / Re: Tyre width
« Last post by Cudzoziemiec on Today at 05:21:31 pm »
27 x 11/2 would be equivalent in width to 700 x 38, so going from that to 700 x 28 was definitely making progress, by the standards of the day. But going backwards, by today's standards.

Wasn't the bog standard tyre size back in the day 27 x 11/4? So 32mm.

Basically, narrow tyres were a fad  :P
27 x 11/4 (or on the old roadsters we inherited off elderly neighbours, 26 x 13/8) would fit my memory too, but Joy of Essex mentioned riding 27 11/2.
The Pub / Re: The best of ai LLM
« Last post by Regulator on Today at 05:20:42 pm »
Cambridge has a number of large datacentres (I think it's five with another planned).  Not sure what their water consumption is* but we are an area of severe water shortage.

*I really suppose I should find out in case it comes up at Planning Committee.
I'd be strongly considering writing off that frame. The forks are obviously bent, but you don't know what stresses were imposed on the head tube, and if the head tube joints or the top of the down tube has also suffered. Although I suppose since replacing the forks to match might not be simple, that might be on the cards anyway.

Also bar end plugs are good. it stops the handlebar taking a sample core from your leg in a crash.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10