Author Topic: Sh!te courier thread  (Read 150013 times)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Re: Sh!te courier thread
« Reply #850 on: 09 November, 2022, 08:42:49 am »
Sets waker for stupid o'clock.  Gets up at stupid o’clock.  Checks babbage-device for progress of item estimated to be delivered today.

“Your item will be delivered tomorrow”.

Shittens!
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

cygnet

• I'm part of the association
« Reply #851 on: 09 November, 2022, 10:56:12 pm »
DPD, if the contact name wasn't recognised at the location you tried to deliver to, this is because the location you are at is not the address you need to deliver to.

You'd better get it right tomorrow.
So after the second driver also failed to find my address (and didn't even bother recording that fact) I redownloaded the "app" and verified that indeed DPD do know where I live because I've told them before.  The INFORMATION THAT DPD ALREADY HAVE repeated in a message to the driver resulted in a successful delivery, one week late, after three "attempts"

Now, how do I rate the driver that actually managed the delivery? And why no option to rate the drivers that failed ???
Is it a failure of the driver or a failure of their database?
I Said, I've Got A Big Stick

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #852 on: 25 November, 2022, 01:10:43 am »
DHL's tracking page: Expected delivery date: 24/11/2022

Also DHL's tracking page: 25th November 2022 00:56 Your parcel is at the delivery depot

Stop press!  DHL invent time machine!  Film last Tuesday!

Update: it’s out for delivery, but their tracking page needs a Mappe so you can follow its progress around sunny E17 instead of getting on with Other Stuffs :(

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #853 on: 29 November, 2022, 05:02:04 pm »
I’ve just become aware that Hermes has changed its name to Evri. The service hasn’t improved any though. Todays delivery will be delivered between 12;30 and 14:30; todays delivery will be delivered between 16:30 and 18:30; there’s a problem, we’ll delivery tomorrow. Tossers.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Giraffe

• I brake for Giraffes
« Reply #854 on: 29 November, 2022, 06:08:43 pm »
I'm awaiting, with some apprehension, 8 deliveries from Peebay. I wanted to avoid this time of year but, as Notwork Rile has decided to close a bridge so that the buses can't come through the village, I'm a bit stuck here and so I'll be in when items do(n't) arrive.
Next door just told me that one can get through on foot (alternatives are ankle-deep in mud or over a mile alongside an ecocidal motons' route), so I could get to shops etc. for no more than a 4-mile round trip. Oh well.
2x4: thick plank; 4x4: 2 of 'em.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #855 on: 29 November, 2022, 07:53:12 pm »
I’ve just become aware that Hermes has changed its name to Evri. The service hasn’t improved any though. Todays delivery will be delivered between 12;30 and 14:30; todays delivery will be delivered between 16:30 and 18:30; there’s a problem, we’ll delivery tomorrow. Tossers.

I'm also having problems with Evri.  Never failed with Hermes. Dog food always turned up promptly.  No door knocking or ringing, just put by the side door as requested.
Megan has waited over a week for her dinner and I've had to resort to amazon to tide her over.
She's not interested in the emails I keep getting about delivery problems.
I've emailed the supplier to tell them that I will be moving my business to someone who uses a reliable service.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

« Reply #856 on: 29 November, 2022, 09:43:11 pm »
Hermes has always been the pits here. Recent experience suggests it's actually getting worse, with three failed promised deliveries, and finally actual delivery a few minutes after I received notification. Fortunately I was at home.

I took great delight in responding to their request to tell them how they did.

I think they misspelt their new name; it should Evil.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #857 on: 30 November, 2022, 11:40:58 am »
And another email received at 22:00ish stating that they were sorry they’d missed us!
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #858 on: 30 November, 2022, 12:59:25 pm »
I’ve just become aware that Hermes has changed its name to Evri.

It's worse than that, they've hired some very clever people to commit all sorts of font crime.

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #859 on: 30 November, 2022, 01:05:44 pm »
Not exactly a complaint . . .  but I ordered 5 items from the South American River Emporium and despite being on a Prime free trial I opted for a consolidated delivery, 4 days hence, that would - in their words - reduce packaging and transport journeys (save the planet etc)

So what happened? - 1 item was delivered the same day FFS, 2 came the following day in one delivery, 2 came the day after that in two separate drops.

No wonder there are so many vans hurtling round the countryside.

Giraffe

• I brake for Giraffes
« Reply #860 on: 30 November, 2022, 05:05:26 pm »
How the hell does one change the e-mail address for an Evri account? Evrithing else can be done but the e-mail isn't in a form field.
Trouble is, anything to the address will bounce.
The messages for tracking etc. use the address from Ebay so I'll just have to hope.

With deliveries on the way, it's not a good time to cancel the account and molish a new one.
2x4: thick plank; 4x4: 2 of 'em.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #861 on: 07 December, 2022, 05:21:05 pm »

Ordered some potatoes for home delivery. Sent via DHL.

Dispatched Tuesday last week for Delivery Wednesday.

Wednesday: We'll deliver this afternoon
Thursday: Yeah, so that never happened, but we'll be there today, promise.
Friday: Ok, so that was overly optimistic, we'll deliver today.
Saturday: Well as you spent two days waiting, you weren't in when we tried on the 3rd day. So today we're taking the parcel to a parcel shop at 1800. The parcel shop closes at 1700.
Saturday night the box of potatoes sits in a van at around 0°C.
Monday: Your package will be available to collect after 1800 on Saturday. Spoiler: it's not at the parcel shop.
Tuesday: You can collect your parcel now! also we have sent it back to the sender...

I went to parcel shop on way home from work. They didn't have it.

Now to try and get a refund...

Now I'm waiting to see if UPS can get a drill from Minnesota to Amsterdam faster than DHL failed to deliver a box of spuds from Friesland... It's been on the truck since 0737 this morning, but has not yet appeared at my flat...

PostNL and Amazon's couriers have managed to deliver today at least.

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #864 on: 07 December, 2022, 10:48:02 pm »
Go a bit mad buying things from several sources for the being-refurnished-fixer.
Receive a flurry of emails confirming orders received.
Brakes arrive in a couple of days.
Get an email from Evri saying they have been entrusted with my package from Chain Reaction.
The next day I get another email from Evri saying there's a delay with my delivery.  That was last Friday. Since then not a word.

Bah.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

Wombat

• Is it supposed to hurt this much?
« Reply #865 on: 08 December, 2022, 10:48:22 am »
https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/news/evri-delivery-probe-after-sackfuls-of-parcels-dumped-278464/

Erm.. wtf?!?

Somebody nicked a van?

Our local Evri driver used to dump the stuff on grass verges within about 50m of the intended recipient, so maybe another one thought dumping it in the woods was close enough.
Wombat

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #866 on: 14 December, 2022, 07:47:37 am »
Evri is cracking under the strain of Xmas and people switching from RM.  I dropped off an eBay package on Monday and it hasn't been picked up yet.  That's two missed days.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #867 on: 14 December, 2022, 08:03:16 am »
Evri is cracking under the strain of Xmas and people switching from RM.  I dropped off an eBay package on Monday and it hasn't been picked up yet.  That's two missed days.

My last eBay via Evri parcel (I was the buyer, not seller) took a whopping 10 days to leave the sender's local depot - I was convinced it would never be seen again, but lo and behold, it eventually got moving and was delivered.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #868 on: 14 December, 2022, 06:09:03 pm »
I ordered a new thermostat for our fridge, which currently has a broken thermostat, from the one seller I could find who had the right one in stock and didn't want to use Royal Mail.  Apparently it's been dispatched by Yodel.  I didn't realise that Yodel were still a thing, didn't they re-brand to Herpes?

Anyway, I expect our fridge temperature will be regulated in an internet-of-shit stylee for quite a while.  Unless I want to go and salvage a thermostat from one of the fly-tipped ones.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #869 on: 14 December, 2022, 06:15:34 pm »
Herpes rebranded to Evri.  But they’re still sh!te.

« Reply #870 on: 14 December, 2022, 08:48:01 pm »
Evri stated a parcel was out for delivery on Sunday 11th and expected to arrive between 17:00: and 18:00. So sign.

Message at 5:45 on Monday said “We're sorry we're not able to deliver your parcel today, but we will deliver it on the next working day.”

Two days later still no sign and no update.

Utter shite company.

Paul

• L'enfer, c'est les autos.
« Reply #871 on: 15 December, 2022, 05:43:38 pm »
In a thread that I haven't read, but which is 35 pages long, I suspect DPD will have been mentioned already?

I've had the bad luck to have ordered two things recently from different vendors who used DPD. Both times DPD gave me a specific 1 hour slot on the day of delivery, and then sent me a message in that slot saying "sorry we missed you". Each time I was in and waiting and I definitely did not miss their call, and no card was left, so I assume the sentence stops a word short and should actually say "Sorry we missed you out"

This week's parcel was subsequently "delivered" to a shop 9 miles away.
 >:(

The vendor has refunded the postage costs at least.

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

« Reply #872 on: 19 December, 2022, 05:48:30 pm »
DPD. Parcel has my name and address on it but delivery driver refuses to hand it over until I give
him my name. He gets increasingly shouty when I ask him to hand it over to me because it has my
name and address on it. He aggressively asks one more time for my name, at which point I close
the front door. 

« Reply #873 on: 19 December, 2022, 06:25:19 pm »
DPD. Parcel has my name and address on it but delivery driver refuses to hand it over until I give
him my name. He gets increasingly shouty when I ask him to hand it over to me because it has my
name and address on it. He aggressively asks one more time for my name, at which point I close
the front door.

His employer will have instructed him to make sure he hands it over the named recipient. Hardly his fault. And he’ll have a “‘no delivery” strike against his KPI’s now.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #874 on: 19 December, 2022, 08:54:26 pm »
DPD are from my experience of lots of couriers amoung the best as they get a decent photo of where it is delivered to and normally get a proper name

However at the moment they are struggling. My usually chipper driver is massively stressed. A few weeks back at the end of our timed slot we got a awful photo and no name. About 2 hours late it was delivered and blatantly they had run out of time and had to log it as delivered while it was still on the van