The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by spesh on Today at 09:32:21 pm »
The Key the Secret - Urban Cookie Collective
« Last post by Robh on Today at 09:23:25 pm »
Lookie, Lookie, Lookie, Here Comes Cookie - Teddy Hill
OT Knowledge / Re: rainwater harvesting
« Last post by graculus on Today at 09:09:01 pm »
Or connect the two via a siphon arrangement: cut a length of hosepipe long enough to reach the bottom of both butts, immerse it in the one to fill it, put your thumb over one end and quickly lift that end and feed it into the other butt.
Between Strassburg and Frankfurt would be mostly along the Rhine valley, which to be honest isn't the most scenic part of Germany. The two obvious places to visit on the way would be Karlsruhe and Heidelberg. The centre of Karlsruhe has lots of classical architecture and an enormous palace; Heidelberg is well-known and consequently rather touristy. Personally I prefer small towns in Germany, and whilst the Rhine valley has plenty of small towns they aren't particularly scenic. However if you don't mind a bit of a detour Bad Wimpfen and Mosbach are both very pretty places, and you may well find some other nice towns on the way.
OT Knowledge / Re: rainwater harvesting
« Last post by ElyDave on Today at 08:52:25 pm »
connected by a top overflow to balance from one to the other.

Linking at the bottom is better as that way they fill evenly together. You'll need butts with two tap holes (they have std BS plumbing threads) or else some pipework trickery to achieve this.

That was my other thought, though would need to wait until they are empty.

Looking earlier today, one of them is visibly off vertical which I'm sure is contributing to the issue. That is the older of the two, at least 16-17 years.
« Last post by spesh on Today at 08:42:15 pm »
Goodbyee - Peter Cook & Dudley Moore
« Last post by CAMRAMan on Today at 08:39:00 pm »
Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do) - Christopher Cross
Tonight's edition of ISIHAC made reference to the fact that Finsbury Park backwards is krapy rub snif.

This pleased me very greatly.
I have known about this since Paul Smith (otp) made me aware of it a few years ago.
I think I learnt of it from Dr G, who learnt it from you.
It was mentioned when Dr.G was ordering her Van Nic from Pablo.
Tonight's edition of ISIHAC made reference to the fact that Finsbury Park backwards is krapy rub snif.

This pleased me very greatly.
I have known about this since Paul Smith (otp) made me aware of it a few years ago.
I think I learnt of it from Dr G, who learnt it from you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10