Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Knowledge / Re: Smart trainer
« Last post by zigzag on Today at 10:45:47 pm »
flux is almost a swearword for me, i've had four of them die and gone through associated hassle (replaced under warranty, but still..) - i wish you better luck with it. i mainly used them along with trainerroad for hiit, a very time-efficient way to get/stay fit.
 8)
Where The Wild Things Are / Re: What is your pet doing right now?*
« Last post by spesh on Today at 10:26:21 pm »
Granddaughter (13 months) has just discovered that, when the dog is snoozing, she can gently place little wooden blocks and other toys on top of her.

Fast-forward a decade or two, and she'll be playing that game with people who pass out/fall asleep at house parties... ;D
Cycleman has landed safely home.  👍
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 10:14:07 pm »
My Sweet Lord - George Harrison
Where The Wild Things Are / Re: What is your pet doing right now?*
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 10:13:13 pm »
Well, Tigs went for a short wander and is back safe.  He knows his limitations  :thumbsup:
Looking at Jelly Fish Legs 400 for last year, there was a 10 hour gap between first and last finishers. You’re never going to end up with a perfect finish time for everyone.  I’ve gone for an 11am start (10am last year) this year. That means an 8am finish for 21 hours and up, which covers vast majority of finishers. Wetherspoons and cafes open for breakfast, trains running as normal on the Sun from 22 hours 40 mins up etc etc.
The Knowledge / Re: Removing rounded off / seized hex bolts...
« Last post by Sergeant Pluck on Today at 10:01:52 pm »
OK.  Given that the stem have 5 rounded off hex bolts; I took the decision to hacksaw it off - bi-metal 24 tpi blade made short work.

That’s what I would have done, as I wouldn’t trust that fork given the demonstrated lack of mechanical sympathy, so would sacrifice it.

The chainstay bridge should be doable somehow, then all that remains to worry about is the rear caliper, the bolts of which the former owner has hopefully never touched, and the mudguard stay bolts. No bottle cages mounted so hopefully those bolts have been left alone two.

Then you will have a lovely frame for not much outlay.
Rides and Touring / Re: Twiteys II: the sequel
« Last post by Butterfly on Today at 10:01:06 pm »
I've pencilled it in too, but it depends on clarion's health and other issues.
The Pub / Re: Super-Twat
« Last post by ElyDave on Today at 09:48:05 pm »
I said that to Mrs ED the other day, it didn't go down well.

Just imagine a ride or TT around the M25, what fun
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10