Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Gallery / Re: Fully Loaded - Touring Bikes
« Last post by Kim on Today at 10:56:38 pm »
The new Streetmachine (which is a lot like the old Streetmachine, apart from nearly[1] everything that involves the mounting of Stuff), on its inaugural tour to the 2024 Cycle Touring Festival:

[1] The panniers attach to the lowrider rack without any adjustment whatsoever, which is reassuring as it's the rack from the old bike.
Rides and Touring / Re: Have you been out today?
« Last post by Tim Hall on Today at 10:55:31 pm »
Out yesterday with the Tandem Club on a ride wot I organised, thanks to the inspiration and hints from My Young Lady.

It was National Mills weekend, so we visited 9 water and wind mills, one of which wasn't there anymore. Great fun in the sunshine, sadly Thee Pubbe I'd chosen for lunch decided to have a barbecue rather than provide the Food of Champions as I'd hoped. No matter. Long day, poxy puncture near the end, where I discovered the spare tube I'd put in my pannier was the wrong size.
76km plus a bit to and from the start. 73km/h as we whizzed down Scott's Hill.
The Pub / Re: Little Eye On The Provinces
« Last post by Beardy on Today at 10:50:53 pm »
Ms Beardy the elder had a degree in curation, criticism and communications and a MA in the History of Art. She has been known to refer to her qualifications as applied bollocks and advanced arty bollocks.
Gallery / Re: Very satisfying Odo reading
« Last post by Kim on Today at 10:49:32 pm »
Same odometer, new bike:

The Pub / Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Last post by Tim Hall on Today at 10:47:18 pm »
The day after we of the Democratic Ruthless Bastards Party seize control of the means of production we will be tasking the Sweeney with tracking down the people who:
  • Pluck items from supermarket shelves, and
  • Peer at them myopically, and
  • Put them back somewhere other than where they originated
and smashing up their living rooms on a basis both frequent and regular until they get the message and emigrate.
With an added hundred lines for those scallywags who pick up Object A, then notice a short date version of Object A on the Dead Food Shelf, take the short date reduced with bright yellow sticker version and leave the full price version in its place. The jolly funsters that they are.
The Knowledge / Re: Tyre width
« Last post by joy of essex on Today at 10:46:46 pm »
Going back to the discussion on Imperial tyre sizes, it's also worth pointing out that we rarely had any idea what the pressure of our  tyres was. Track pumps were mostly to be found in shops or on Tracks; hence their name.
Measurement was by feel and I do doubt if the pumps we used could  inflate the tyres to anything near the max recommend pressure.
OT Gallery / Re: Bridges for CrinklyLion (and everyone else!)
« Last post by Kim on Today at 10:43:48 pm »
This is probably repetition, but on this occasion it wasn't tipping it down with rain:

(Lancaster Canal, last week.)
The Sporting Life / Re: Liverpool
« Last post by Peter on Today at 10:39:26 pm »
Yes, a quick look at the THRASH page of the BBC News site revealed their assessment that it could easily have finished 6 - 6.
Rides and Touring / Re: Twitey's camping break - May 9th through 13th, 2024
« Last post by Kim on Today at 10:39:12 pm »
I ignored the aurora, but I did get a half-decent photo of the sunset on Friday night:

GPS / organicmaps route guidance
« Last post by Tim Hall on Today at 10:36:26 pm »
Inspired by slope's thread, I've downloaded the organicmaps app onto my (Android) phone.

The maps display nice and clearly.
I can import a gpx file.
I can see the imported track on my phone.
I can't work out how to get organicmaps to follow the gpx, giving me turn by turn voice prompts.

Do I have to be on the track before anything happens?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10